Do you have new years resolutions? A goal? A dream? You may be thinking in the current climate you can’t make yours happen, but I am here to tell you that with a little perseverance and a positive outlook – you can achieve and accomplish anything you set your mind to. It just might take a little creativity (:
How to get started:
- Write down your goals – This step is often looked over or severely underestimated. But, when you have something written down you hold your self accountable and you remember it. No matter how small or big your goals or dreams are, WRITE THEM DOWN! When you have a clear vision of what it is your are trying to achieve, 1) power of manifestation and 2) you have a better idea of the things you need to do to make those things happen – which leads me into….
- Small Steps – So now that you know what your working towards, what are the steps that you can be doing everyday to help make them happen? Because let me tell you, nothing happens over night. Even if we wish it could, it doesn’t.
3. Ways to help – I know, I know, the road looks long ahead and you may feel like giving up along the way or like it’s never going to happen. Hang in there though, there are things that can help.
- Keeping a diary and set your deadlines for short term goals in order to achieve your long term goals.
- Hanging up your goals somewhere that you will look at everyday to remind yourself what you are working towards
- Take a day for yourself if your feel overwhelmed, not everyday will be a good day and there will be set backs, but having a day for yourself to recoup and rest will help recharge your motivation.
Although the Pandemic has cut off lots of ways to network, from going to events, meet and greets etc. However, the online world is not something to take for granted! Many organisations, courses and film festivals have made it easy for you to access all this straight from your phone or laptop.
- Raindance Film has an abundance of resources/course, networking sessions and ways to help you build your filmmaking career straight from the comfort of your own home
- LinkedIn: Don’t have one? Get one! It is a professional site, but if you are looking for a job or want to meet new creatives in your industry – get connecting. You never know who you’ll make an impression on. Just make sure that you what ever you post is kept professional and respectful.
- Facebook Groups: Do you have a passion or interest in something? Well, there is probably a FB group for that! Becoming part of a community of people that are interested in the same things you are is a great way to meet people and collaborate on new projects or ideas.
Don’t give up!
The number one thing to remember – DON’T GIVE UP!
It’s so easy to quit, to throw in the towel, but then look at what your are throwing away – your dream! I have wanted to be an actress since I was a little girl. I was the so shy, hated performing in front of people, but I knew that one day I wanted to be on television or on broadway. My journey has been an abundance of small steps. From singing on the coffee room table in front of my dad to get my confidence, starting dance so I could perform in front of people with out talking, acting classes in front of camera, etc. Am I an A list actress yet? No. But I know that everone’s journey is different and I am buildning my confidence and talent to get to my ultimate dream.
So don’t give up. Believe in yourself so others can too.